SO you want to grow your hair longer?
Here are a few tips to get the length that you want fast!
- You have probably heard of this tip already, but \it is crucial. Don't brush your hair when wet! It is like a rubberband right after you wash it and easier to break. I don't even use a comb because there is still that risk.
- Keep any kind of chemicals away from your hair. During the summer our hair can be doused in chlorine and other pool chemicals. Bleach has the same effect: i.e. chlorine bleach. These dry out and strip natural oils from the hair shaft leaving it dry and brittle.
- No heat! Unless you make sure to use a heat....and UV protectant? A heat protectant spray that contains a uv protectant will safe guard your hair from the sun( I like Not Your Mother's Heat Protectant)
- Instead of wearing a tight ponytail - let it loose. Having a tight ponytail puts stress on the roots and hair by pulling out hairs when making the ponytail tight and breaking the hairs as you keep tighening the ponytail.
- Brush hair in moderation - Brush your hair at least once a day, but no more than two times because brushing can cause breakage. Not brushing your hair can also cause damage because you have to get out more tangles the next day.
- Keep your hair moisturized. Dry hair is harder to brush through and can lead to damage. I heard Mane N' Tail has a great conditioner.
Well.. that concludes my list, but if you have any more suggestions then please leave a comment for everyone else to see.